Keeping our clients safe during COVID-19
We are following the UK Government guidelines and have taken the necessary steps to become COVID-19 secure in line with the current Health and Safety legislation.
Full infection control measures are in place and we have carried out a full risk assessment to ensure we are COVID-19 secure.
In addition to those with COVID-19 symptoms, self-isolating, living with someone with symptoms/ self-isolating, or have been in contact with anyone with or suspected to have COVID-19, we are currently not authorised to see patients from the ‘extremely vulnerable’ at-risk groups defined below:
1. Chronic respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema or bronchitis.
2. Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure.
3. Chronic kidney disease.
4. Chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis.
5. Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, a learning disability, or cerebral palsy.
7. Problems with the spleen, such as sickle cell disease or removal of the spleen.
8. A weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV, AIDS, Cancer or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy.
9. Being severely overweight, with a body mass index of 40 or above.
In addition to the above, there are some possible contraindications to having a face-to-face appointment with us. We advise you to speak with your doctor and ask him to provide his/her consent.
Those shielding vulnerable people
Experiencing post COVID-19 circulatory complications – DVT, micro-embolisms, CVA or PE
Travelling outside of UK
Mild heart and respiratory conditions
Suppressed immune systems
Anyone who has recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19
Symptoms of a common cold or flu
Clients must not attend if they are suffering from symptoms of COVID-19 or have come in contact with anyone suffering COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days.
NHS Track and Trace
The NHS Test and Trace service are supporting the opening up of the economy following the Covid-19 outbreak. We will be assisting the NHS Test and Trace as it is our duty to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Your contact information will be shared with NHS Test and Trace if requested by them. Your personal data will not be used for any other purposes, including marketing, profiling, analysis or other purposes unrelated to Test and Track.
- We have put in place enhanced cleaning measures. The treatment room and all equipment will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly between clients.
- Your therapist will be wearing the appropriate PPE in line with the UK Government guidelines.
- We will use single-use disposable towels, couch drapes , couch roll and hand roll.
- Other provisions and measures set out on this page.
How to book an appointment
If you would like to book an appointment, please call us on 07977 427644 or email us
If we can offer you an appointment, we will send you a link to complete an online Fit n Well consultation form. After you have submitted the form, we will contact you to arrange an appointment.
Please note that all initial consultations will be by video call or telephone call if a video call is not possible.
A COVID-19 screening form will be sent via email prior to your appointment.
If we are unable to offer you a face-to-face appointment, we may alternatively be able to offer you a virtual appointment .
What to expect at your appointment?
Although things have changed in the way we work, we aim to make your visit and experience at Fit n Well as enjoyable as possible.
For client’s and therapist’s safety, we ask that you kindly adhere to the following guidelines and measures when visiting us.
Attending a face to face consultation/appointment, please note the following requirements:
- On arrival, your therapist will check your temperature with a contactless forehead thermometer.
- You will be required to wear a mask (£1.00 charge if we supply).
- You will be required to sanitise your hands thoroughly.
- Remove your shoes before entering the treatment room.
- Do not touch door handles or light switches.
- Bring your own pen.
- Do not bring food into the treatment room.
- Do not bring anyone else with you. If you require someone to bring you to your appointment, they will need to wait in the car.
We regret that appointments will not be confirmed without payment in advance at this present time.
There will be no refunds on missed appointments or cancellations without 48 hours’ notice.
Any cancellations by Fit n Well will be fully refunded.